View our revised 2016 Keys to Confident & Effective Parent Participation in the Special Ed Process. A free handbook published by PIC to help parents become confident and effective participants in the special education process.
IMPORTANT IDEA INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
The final Wyoming Chapter 7 Rules Governing Services for Children with Disabilities (signed into effect 3-22-2010 for students ages 3 to 21). These rules have many references to the federal IDEA statute and additional rules Dec 2008.
Find topics and resources about the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) at http://idea.ed.gov.
GUIDANCE ON IDEA FROM THE WY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
NOTE: You may need Adobe Reader to view these files. You may obtain Adobe Reader free from Adobe.com/reader.
- Notice of Procedural Safeguards -- May 2011
- Policy and Procedure Manual For Special Education
- Highly Qualified Reference Guide
- LRE Reference Guide
- Reevaluation Reference Guide
FEDERAL IDEA REGULATIONS
The following Federal IDEA regulations have been prepared by U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). View and print the regulations by clicking on the title below.NOTE: You may need Adobe Reader to view these files. You may obtain Adobe Reader free from Adobe.com/reader.
- Changes in Evaluations and Reevaluations
- Early Intervening Services
- Children with Disabilitiies Enrolled by their Parents in Private School
- Highly Qualified Teachers
- Procedural Safeguards: Mediation
- Processual Safeguards: Surrogate Parents, Notice, and Parental Consent
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Monitoring, Technical Assistance and Enforcement
- Procedural Safeguards: Resolution Meetings and Due Process Hearings
- IEP Team Meetings and Changes to the IEP
- Statewide and District wide Assessments
- State Funding
- National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standards
Find current resources on IDEA and NCLB on www.ideapartnership.org.